Skinny Apple Pie - Apple pie in a glass, heavenly…RECIPE
GET IN MAH BELLY
With a tasty honey-soy sauce to add flavor!
- 1/2 Fillet Fish of choice (I use Basa)
- wholemeal plain flour
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- sesame seeds for coating
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- vegetables of choice
- 2tsp honey
- 2tsp soy sauce
- 1tsp oil for cooking
- In medium pot, bring 1 cup of water to boil. Add Quinoa and simmer for 10 minutes until cooked** Cover, and set aside to rest.
- Coat fish in flour, then egg, then sesame seeds until covered. Cook in fry pan with 1tsp oil until sesame seeds are lightly brown and fish is cooked through.
- Cook/prepare veggies to your liking. Personally I stir fry them and add a shake of chilli for taste. You can also steam them.
- Mix together honey & soy sauce in pouring jug.
- Plate up fish, quinoa and veggies. Pour honey soy sauce over top of quinoa (you only need a little bit - this is a strong sauce)
**Alternative method to cook Quinoa: Place in microwave with 1 cup of water, cook for 10 minutes. Cover and set aside to rest.
A delicious and easy meal!
Wholemeal pita bread
1tbs Salt Reduced Tomato Paste
250g Butternut Pumpkin, cubed
Low Fat Feta Cheese
1. Roast cubed pumpkin in oven at 200˚ Celsius until cooked
2. Spread tomato paste over pita bread evenly
3. Place chopped Capsicum & Roasted Pumpkin over pita bread to your liking
4. Crumble Feta Cheese over pizza to your liking.
5. Cook pizza in oven at 170˚ Celsius until pita bread is crispy.
Chicken broccoli patties
Chicken breast + steamed broccoli = boring fitness food! So I tried to mix the two of them together with 2 eggs in a food processor. I put the batter in a silicon mold for tartlets to cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, at the maximum temperature of my owen, 250 degrees Celsius (480 degrees Fahrenheit).
I was quite pleased with the result, those patties are less boring than eating broccoli and chicken apart. It may be a good idea to add some spices to make them more interesting. They can also be eaten cold or taken to work in a lunch box.